- To provide every second language learner with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of their cultures as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work.
- To enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
- To create a language-rich environment in school to arouse students’ interest in learning and using English.
- To develop students’ learning strategies systematically and promote students’ self-learning ability.
- To cater learning diversity by remedial and enhancement lessons.